The Candid Moments You Simply Have to Capture on Your Wedding Day
There are so many beautiful moments to be captured at a wedding but it’s often those subtle, candid moments that make for the most heartfelt photos. If you’re currently planning your wedding day with your photographer, here are a few candid shots worth mentioning.
9 Must-Have Candid Wedding Photos
- Stepping into your wedding gown. That moment that a bride puts her wedding gown on is the moment that getting married becomes real. It’s such an exciting and emotional moment that really deserves to be captured.
- The first look between father and daughter. So many couples forget about capturing that moment when a father first sees his daughter in her wedding dress. It’s incredibly special and a moment that you’re going to remember and look back on after your wedding.
- Walking down the aisle. That moment when a groom first lays eyes on his bride as she walks down the aisle is a shot that your photographer definitely shouldn’t miss. This is one of those moments where an assistant photographer really comes in handy. One photographer will capture you walking down the aisle while the other will capture your partner’s face when he sees you for the first time.
- The joy in your parents’ eyes. It’s so special to capture the looks on the faces of your loved ones as you walk down the aisle because everyone is filled with love and wrapped up in the moment. If your photographer will be working with an assistant, get them to capture the faces of your parents if possible.
- Your first kiss. Your first kiss as a couple is a truly memorable moment. Just be sure to hold the kiss long enough for your photographer to get a few good shots. A dip kiss also always makes for a great photo if that’s something you wanted to do.
- The reception entry. Entering your reception is always such a fun moment so get creative with it so that your photographer can capture a few fun shots for you to look back on.
- Toasts. Speeches and toasts are another memorable wedding day moment that deserves to be captured. These moments are filled with emotion and memories so mention this part of the afternoon or evening to your photographer during your planning stages.
- Guests getting down. Seeing how much fun your guests are having can be one of the best parts of the day so be sure to capture them getting down on the dance floor for some truly memorable photos.
- Special moments. If you will be planning anything particularly unique and special such as playing an instrument or lighting a candle for a deceased loved one, be sure to tell your photographer about it ahead of time.