The Pros and Cons of Including Your Dog in Your Wedding
Whether or not to include your dogs in your wedding can often be a bit of a controversial subject. Some people insist on it, while others are a little more reluctant. If you’re debating whether or not you should include your furry family members in your big day, here are a few of the pros and cons to be aware of.
Pros of Including Your Dog in Your Wedding
- They add some fun photos to the mix. Having your dog at your wedding is one of the best excuses to take some fun family shots. Dogs are so photogenic and you will definitely love looking back at your wedding photos with them.
- It’s fun to dress them up. There are so many cute outfits that you can dress your dog in. Even a simple bowtie is enough to have all your guests saying aww.
- They’ll be an entertaining addition to the day. It’s almost impossible not to smile when you’re around a dog. By inviting your furry friends to your big day, you’ll definitely be keeping your guests happy.
- They get to be a part of your big day. If you miss your dog when you’re away, it only makes sense to include them in your wedding. If your dogs are an integral part of your life, youdefinitely won’t regret having them at your wedding.
Cons of Including Your Dog in Your Wedding
- Accidents could happen. If you know that there’s a good chance your dog is just going to do their business anywhere, and at possibly the worst moment, it’s best to get a dog sitter for yourbig day.
- Not all of your guests love dogs. There are people who aren’t the biggest fans of dogs – some are even terrified of them. If you know for sure that all of your guests love animals, feel free to include your dogs in your big day. Otherwise, it might be wise to leave them at home this time around.
- They could dirty your dress. Unfortunately, dogs aren’t going to stay out of the dirt just because it’s your wedding day, so you may want to consider the fact that your dress could get dirty if you decide to include your pets in your wedding.
- Someone will need to look after them. Pets are high maintenance and you are going to needsomeone to look after them on your wedding day if you’re planning to include them.
Dogs can be a wonderful addition to any wedding but it’s up to you to weigh up the pros and cons ofincluding them.